6 SECRETS TO FEELING MORE ENERGETIC AND PRODUCTIVE EVERY DAY
Is your day shaped by how you start your morning?
If you start perky and quickly get a feeling of accomplishment, the rest of the day rolls smoothly. But there are mornings when you feel blah and that sets the mood for a whole day.
How about starting your day with a healthy, holistic ritual for your body and your mind?
These simple steps give me more energy and a feeling of accomplishment. When I start the day with this ritual, I feel more productive and ready for any challenge the day can bring.
I’m one of those people who can’t start their day without breakfast. Partly it’s physiology. When I’m hungry, I feel queasy and can faint. Partly it’s the tradition of growing up in the Siberia of Poland, where you needed calories to keep you warm throughout the day.
And it’s a tradition I’m very keen on keeping. It now makes part of my 6-step morning ritual.
1. A day has to start with a smile. Every single day. Especially on days when getting up isn’t an attractive option. A smile sends a signal to the brain that I’m happy, even on the rainiest, busiest day J
2. A good stretch for my back. After suffering from a sore back for many years, I worked with a physiotherapist who gave me some good exercises. I do a simplified and shortened version of them before I get out of bed. This way my spine wakes up and I’m ready for a day with a lot of walking, sitting, running and sometimes dancing.
3. A glass of water, sometimes warm (my 11-year old thinks it’s disgusting), sometimes with a slice of lemon or lime.
4. Yoga for 7-10 minutes. I like Tara Stiles video on YouTube for her simple, energizing routines of different lengths. Standing in the Warrior pose is a great way to feel energetic and confident.
5. Meditation for 10 minutes or more. It took me a while to get in the habit of meditating. I tried to do it around lunch time, then before bedtime. Nothing worked. Finally, I paired meditation with yoga and something clicked.
6. Breakfast. Maybe my favorite meal of the day. I’m a big fan of oatmeal with some fruit, depending on the season and lots of toppings: chia seeds, linen seeds, pumpkin or sunflower seeds. A touch of coconut oil. Yummy!
There are days when I have to get up super early or when I can’t find a quiet room for my yoga and meditation. My morning routine gets a bit shorter. And it’s ok. It’s there to make me feel better and happier, not to feel guilty when I skip it. I love starting the day with these 6 simple steps. If only I could stick to my evening routine as much as I stick to the morning one….
Do YOU have your own getting-out-of-bed habits? Anything you could share?
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
TWELVE STEPS TO HIRE A VA FOR YOUR BUSINESS
May 12, 2017
THE BIGGEST GIFT WE CAN GIVE OURSELVES: SELF LOVE INSTEAD OF INNER CRITIC AND HOW TO DO IT IN 5 SIMPLE STEPS